tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Regan <patrick_re...@globalcrossing.com>
Subject Re: Integrating Apache and Tomcat
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2000 13:26:44 GMT
Rama -

I had the same problem.  From what I can see when you download that DLL the browser downloads
it in
ASCII format not binary.  I really really wish someone would fix it, make it a zip file or
something.
Same with the UNIX mod_jserv.so.

Anyway, to fix the problem, download the latest JServ (for win32) from the apache site and
just
install it.  It has the ApacheModuleJServ.dll you need (that is, it's not corrupt).

Once again, can someone please fix this?  It has been posted and will continue to be posted
many times
as people do follow the how to doc and download these files.

Patrick Regan

Rgarimella@fmg-statestreet.com wrote:

> Hi,
>        I am trying to use JSP with Apache web server on windows NT.  I have
> downloaded latest available
>    Tomcat (version 3.0) release, and extracted the files into
> <Apache-Install-Dir>.  I have added a line in the
>    "conf/httpd.conf" file to include the
> "<path-to-tomcat-installdir>/etc/tomcat.conf" file.   I also downloaded
>    the "ApacheModuleJServ.dll" provided in win32 directory of Tomcat
> release web page, and copied it to
>    the "modules" directory of Apache web server.  I tried restarting the
> server, but I am getting an error saying the
>    "ApacheModuleJServ.dll" isn't a valid windows dll file.
>
>   I would appreciate if you can provide any further information regarding this matter.
 Thank you.