tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Juan <j...@funmail.co.uk>
Subject Re: Error in configuring tomcat 3.0 with apache 1.3.9...
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:27:38 GMT
Vishal Gautam wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I am new to this news group, I was trying to configure Tomcat 3.0 with
> Apache 1.3.9 on Solaris 7.
> PROBLEM: Apache is running fine but when I request
> http://localhost/examples an internal server error is happening and
>
> I am getting following error in the mod_jserv.log file---
>         ajpv12:can not connect to host 127.0.0.1:8007
>         ajpv12: connection failed
>         an Error returned handling request via protocol "ajpv12"
>
> The error_log file says following thing after I restart the apache
>         "Apache 1.3.9 (Unix) tomcat/v 1.0 configured - resuming normal operation"
>
> QUESTIONS:
> 1.Why could this be happening?

I have the same problem. I have noticed that the script startup.sh
executes the command "java org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup",
which is the daemon that listens on port 8007. This command
exits with value 1 right after calling startup.sh, which means that
apache is complaining because the daemon is not there!!!

Why is this command exiting with value 1?????

         Juan