tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <cmcclana...@mytownnet.com>
Subject Re: *Bad* stack trace.
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2000 02:01:42 GMT
"Kevin A. Burton" wrote:

> I don't have a ton of time to fix this right now but since it is a very
> bad one I wanted to put it here.
>
> 1.  The exception couldn't get the message "serverResponse.writer.ise"
> from LocalStrings.properties.  I don't like how StringManager just
> changes the message to "cannot find message associated with key" as this
> is a  very bad thing and you should probably throw a RuntimeException so
> that you complain louder.

I committed a patch to fix this problem last week.  If you are using the current CVS sources,
the error message will now
tell you what is wrong (tried to call getWriter() after already calling getOutputSteram()).
 The message for the reverse
casel (get writer first, then stream) was also missing and is now fixed as well.

Craig McClanahan