tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Philion <phil...@acmerocket.com>
Subject Re: example (spaces vs. tabs)
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 15:28:53 GMT
Conor -

I agree that we should try to specify some of the open-ended conventions
in the Sun conventions.

I have heard that Sun's coding conventions are currently under review
(and rewrite), but that it is a low priority project. Sun's conventions
are a good start, but I'm not sure they need solid coding conventions as
much as a distributed, open source project.

I do know that Tomcat needs good code conventions, and they need to be
enforced/automated.

I won't comment about the tabs vs. space issue (my first post to the
list was about the same subject, and I was throughly toasted), but I do
think it needs to be resolved.

- Paul