tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Barolat <p...@drexel.edu>
Subject Bug?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 03:42:15 GMT
Hello.  I have been doing some work with Tomcat and I think I might have found an issue.  However,
I'm new to this so I don't
want to jump the gun.

The specifications located at

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/j2sdkee/doc-beta-2/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#getCookies()

state:

public Cookie[] getCookies()

       Returns an array containing all of the Cookie objects the client sent with this request.
This method returns null if no
cookies were sent.
       Returns:
              an array of all the Cookies included with this request, or null if the request
has no cookies

However, when I don't have any cookies on my browser from my site, the array is not null.
 Rather, when I have it print out on
the responding page the length of the Cookie array, it says that the length of the array is
zero.

Is this a bug?  Am I look at the wrong documentations?  Do I have an olde version of Tomcat?

Thanks,

Paolo