tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Amir B. Alikhani" <a...@clinton.com>
Subject Tomcat problem
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:54:04 GMT

Hi,

I tried to install tomcat (to use as servlet for Apache v. 1.3.6), and faced
with these problems.

I tried it on two different machines with different Solaris Releases (Sol 2.6 &
Sol 2.7), got the same result

- first I got "tar: directory checksum error" when I was trying to untar the
file "ASFtomcat.pkg.tar"
**I downloaded the file "ASFtomcat.pkg.tar.Z" from
"http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/"

-then I got the following errors when I tried to "pkgadd ASFtomcat"

pkgadd: ERROR: cppath(): unable to stat
</tmp/ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/webpages/docs/api/javax/servlet/http/class-use/H
ttpSessionBindingEvent.html>
... "bunch of these ...."
and then ....
.... a bunch of these ...

ERROR: attribute verification of
</opt/tomcat/webpages/docs/api/javax/servlet/http/class-use/HttpSessionBindingEv
ent.html> failed
    pathname does not exist

I'd appreciate any help.

Regards,