tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Amancio Hasty <ha...@rah.star-gate.com>
Subject Re: MS IIS and Apache feature war
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:49:56 GMT
> > Whoa there partner! Lynx is hardly irrelevant! It is the
> > browser of choice
> > > (still) for many! Including those that use adaptive computer
> > equiptment.  I
> > > know at least one visually impaired consultant that would
> > definately not share
> > > your view about lynx.
> > > Kevin
> >
> > The question is how much is many that use Lynx and I bet that the number
> > falls to less than 1 percent. ie holds around 75% of the market
> > and the rest falls
> > more to netscape.
> >
> I think you dont see the issue here.... For plain inet browsing i use X11
> and netscape....And for configuration i do NOT start x11...x11 on the
> server, for my sake is a nono...Then i use only lynx (for http

Okay, then I have to ask :

What percentage of sys admins or frequency of events
you expect to  not  have a graphical system handy to
manage the servers?  -- for example, don't have a laptop,
don't have  cheap PC, no X server on the server,
you can not run X apps -- like when the network goes down..., etc..

--

 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com