tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pilho Kim <ph...@math.soongsil.ac.kr>
Subject Double-Byte Characters with JDBC-ODBC
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi

I have tested my servlets on verious environment.

On (JSWDK 1.0 & JDK 1.2.2) or (JSWDK 1.0 & JDK 1.1.8),
I can insert double-byte characters into Access DB via JDBC-ODBC.

But on JSWDK 1.0.1 or Tomcat 3.0 Release or Tomcat 3.0 20000107231212,
I meet the following error:

    java.io.CharConversionException: Not an ISO 8859-1 character: ..

when inserting double-byte characters (e.g. Korean Characters, EUC-KR)
into Access DB via JDBC-ODBC with the same servlets.

When inserting one character, no problem.
But when trting to insert more than one character, I meet the above
error.

I get the same result on either JDK 1.1.8 or JDK 1.2.2.

Using application (not servlet), of course, every thing works fine.

Why occurs these problem about double byte chars, Tomcat and JDBC-ODBC ?

Thanks
phkim