tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Shock <d...@shockware.com>
Subject Install of Apache & Tomcat on SCO Unix Openserver 5
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2000 18:33:16 GMT
Hi,

I have been working on trying to get Jserv working with Apache on our
server. It would appear to work but when I would execute the Hello.java
through the web it would only show about 1 out of every 10 tries when I hit
refresh. So... I decided to proceed on installing the Tomcat.

The Tomcat works fine on the 8080 port. Allowing for myself to execute the
Java code but when I implement mod_jserv.so into Apache I get an
incompatibility  issue. I tried locating a way for myself to compile the src
into Apache but I don't see the files.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Dean

P.S.
When I was trying to get the JServ compiled into Apache I had to use this
listed (fix?)

In order to successfully install Apache JServ, I found I must edit the file:
ApacheJServ-1.0/src/c/Makefile.tmpl as follows:

I had to remove the following lines:

:
:
:
 $(SHLIBS): $(OBJS_PIC)
       rm -f $@
       $(LD_SHLIB) $(LDFLAGS_SHLIB) -o $@ $(OBJS_PIC)
:
:

Not Being a progammer at this level I am not sure exactly what this means
besides it appears to be a cleanup of some sort.