tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alejandro Fuentes" <afuen...@fundes.org>
Subject Encoding Problem
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:59:39 GMT
Hello:
    I installed the Tomcat 3.1 M1 on a Windows NT 4.0 Sp6 . My default language is Spanish.
When i try to execute a JSP i get this message:

    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPD:\jakarta31\tomcat\itesm\WEB-INF\classes\org\fundes\web\content\BaseContent.java:1:
The source file encoding may be different with this platform encoding. Please use -encoding
option to adjust file encoding, or apply native2ascii utility to make source file ASCII encoding.

    Thanks in advice

        Alejandro Fuentes de la Hoz
        Fundes Consultoría Internacional