tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Amos Hayes <Amos.Ha...@entrust.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.0 Solaris package problems
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:30:22 GMT

Hi.

Couple things I noticed...

1) I wanted to let you know that the "tar" that comes with Solaris 7 can't
handle the long filenames in ASFtomcat.pkg.tar.

I imagine the idea of using the pkgadd and compress utilities was to enable
it to install on a relatively "stock" Solaris. GNU tar works great but,
sadly, doesn't seem to be making it onto Sun's todo list.

2) Make the package as root/sys instead of costin/staff so that people don't
have to suffer the ERROR message pain and a "partially failed" pkgadd
attempt by default.

--
Amos Hayes
amos.hayes@entrust.com