tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From r..@techgeeks.com
Subject Tomcat 3.0 + Apache 1.3.9
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 07:28:34 GMT
i've been working on getting my JServ 1.0 replaced with Tomcat 3.0 on my RH 5.1 Linux system
and have two nagging questions i haven't been able to get answers to on the servlet-interest
list.  the first is why can i see jsps using "www.example.com/servlets/test1.jsp", but i can't
access the myServlet.class file which is right next to it with "www.example.com/servlets/myServlet".
 and the second question is how do i keep this url (www.example.com/servlets) from listing
the directory contents of my servlet directory?  i'm working on a doc that details, step by
step, how to do the apache, jserv, and tomcat installs and config for basic servlet/jsp service
and this is the brick wall i'm up against at the moment.  once it's done i'll send the url
- maybe there'll be something useful for the HOWTO there as well?
thanks in advance for any help - i'm really looking forward to using servlets again on my
Linux server... :)