tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Rudnicki <j...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: It doesn't start at all :((((
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2000 10:33:17 GMT
> 1) In point "Testing configuration" there is:
> "* Try http://<hostname>/examples -- you should see the Tomcat
> examples."
>
> It doesn't work because of:
>     - there is no instruction for copying example files into www root
> directory, so we should add into poin 2.3 line:

You do not have to copy the files.  It worked for me first time.

in the server.xml file, you should see an entry:

<Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" defaultSessionTimeOut="30"
isWARExpanded="true" isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

This allows the path examples to work just as it is.