tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Danno Ferrin" <shem...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: some jsp pages fail...
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2000 19:24:02 GMT
For about the 15th time on this list, this is an error in the compilation of
the binary distribution.  If you want taglibs to work re-compile from the
source distributions.

The sheer number of the time this is coming up indicates we need
either a) a faq entry or b) a 3.0.1 release with the binary problem fixed

If we had the burn in period we would have avoided this problem all
togeather.

--Danno

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Spencer" <dave@lumos.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 8:55 PM
Subject: some jsp pages fail...

> I have followed the instructions here:

http://locus.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action
/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/43/question_id/225

> and most things (e.g. the date example) work fine.
>

> however the last example, "simpletag" fails.
>
> This is the URL:
>

>      http://10.0.0.99:8080/examples/jsp/simpletag/foo.jsp
>
> This is the output in the browser:
>

>      Error: 500
>
>      try to access class com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode from class
>      org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoIm
>

> This is the output to my shell from tomcat (I presume):
>

>      Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error
>      page to report su\
>      ch errors more gracefully
>      java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
>      com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode from class\
>       org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl
>              at

org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
n\

>      tListener.java, Compiled Code)
>              at

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
e\

>      ner.java, Compiled Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java,
>      Compiled Code\
>      )
>              at
>      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled
>      Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled
>      Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled
>      Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
>      Compiled Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java,
>      Compiled Code)
>              at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
r\

>      vlet.java, Compiled Code)
>              at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
v\

>      a, Compiled Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
>      Compiled\
>       Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
>      Compiled Code)
>              at
>      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
>      Compiled Code)
>              at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServiceInvocationHandler.method(ServletWrapper.java,
>      C\
>      ompiled Code)
>              at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(ServletWrapper.java,
>      C\
>      ompiled Code)
>              at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
>      Comp\
>      iled Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.handleRequest(Context.java,
>      Compiled Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
>      Compiled C\
>      ode)
>              at

(\

>      Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
>              at
>      org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java,
>      Compiled \
>      Code)
>              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java, Compiled Code)
>

> And FYI I wrote a JSP page that prints out the VM's Properties.
> Here's that info in case it's useful:
>

>      java.specification.name
>                                     Java Platform API Specification
>
>       java.version
>                                     1.2.2
>       java.awt.graphicsenv
>                                     sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment
>       user.timezone
>                                     America/Los_Angeles
>       java.specification.version
>                                     1.2
>       java.vm.vendor
>                                     Sun Microsystems Inc.
>       user.home
>                                     /export/home4/dave
>       java.vm.specification.version
>                                     1.0
>       os.arch
>                                     sparc
>       java.awt.fonts
>       java.vendor.url
>                                     http://java.sun.com/
>       file.encoding.pkg
>                                     sun.io
>       java.home
>                                     /usr/JAVA/jdk1.2.2-001/jre
>       java.class.path

./webserver.jar:./lib/servlet.jar:./lib/jasper.jar:./lib/xml.jar:/usr/JAVA/j
dk1.2-latest/lib/tools.jar

>       line.separator
>       java.ext.dirs
>
>      /usr/JAVA/jdk1.2.2-001/jre/lib/ext
>       java.io.tmpdir
>                                     /var/tmp/
>       os.name
>                                     SunOS
>       java.vendor
>                                     Sun Microsystems Inc.
>       java.awt.printerjob
>                                     sun.awt.motif.PSPrinterJob
>       java.library.path

/usr/JAVA/jdk1.2-latest/bin/../jre/lib/sparc/green_threads:/usr/JAVA/jdk1.2-
latest/bin/../jre/lib/sparc/classic:/usr/JAVA/jdk1.2-latest/bin/../jre/lib/s
parc:/usr/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/opt/SUNWspro/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/local/lib:
/usr/lib

>       java.vm.specification.vendor
>                                     Sun Microsystems Inc.
>       sun.io.unicode.encoding
>                                     UnicodeBig
>       file.encoding
>                                     646
>       java.specification.vendor
>                                     Sun Microsystems Inc.
>       user.language
>                                     en
>       user.name
>                                     dave
>       java.vendor.url.bug
>
>      http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
>       java.vm.name
>                                     Classic VM
>       java.class.version
>                                     46.0
>       java.vm.specification.name
>                                     Java Virtual Machine
>      Specification
>       sun.boot.library.path
>
>      /usr/JAVA/jdk1.2.2-001/jre/lib/sparc
>       java.protocol.handler.pkgs
>                                     org.apache.tomcat.protocol
>       os.version
>                                     5.7
>       java.vm.version
>                                     1.2.2
>       java.vm.info
>                                     build JDK-1.2.2-001, green
>      threads, sunwjit
>       java.compiler
>                                     sunwjit
>       path.separator
>                                     :
>       file.separator
>                                     /
>       user.dir
>
>      /export/home4/dave/proj/0/tomcat
>       sun.boot.class.path

/usr/JAVA/jdk1.2.2-001/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/JAVA/jdk1.2.2-001/jre/lib/i18n.ja
r:/usr/JAVA/jdk1.2.2-001/jre/classes