tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <jsu...@tribune.com>
Subject RE: install troubles
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 23:02:12 GMT
Hi...A colleague of mine just noticed when we untarred the file we got a
checksum error.
Are there a few files missing from the build?

-----Original Message-----
From:   Summy, Joel
Sent:   Tuesday, January 04, 2000 3:57 PM
To:     'tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject:        install troubles

Hello-

I have been trying to get tomcat up and running on my machine running solaris
2.6.

I downloaded ASFtomcat.pkg.tar.Z  and unsuccessfully ran the following commands
as recommended...

# cd /tmp
# uncompress -c ASFtomcat-pkg.tar.z | tar xvf -
# pkgadd -d

The pkgadd did not work, so I moved the folder 'tomcat' from ASFtomcat to
/opt/apps/tomcat.

When I run the script './startup.sh', the server does not boot up...it just
hangs.

# ./startup.sh
Using classpath:
./webserver.jar:./lib/servlet.jar:./lib/jasper.jar:./lib/xml.jar:/usr/bin/../
lib/tools.jar
# Tomcat Web Server Version 3.0
Loaded configuration from: file:/usr/apps/tomcat/server.xml

Suggestions?  Thanks.

-Joel Summy

ps...as an fyi, I am running JSWDK WebServer Version 1.0.1 on the same machine
but on a different intended port.