tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Danno Ferrin" <DFER...@novell.com>
Subject TLD bodycontext meaning
Date Sat, 04 Dec 1999 22:17:27 GMT
The bodycontent element in the Tag library definition has three values.

Empty is handled by jasper by forcing the content of the tag to be empty

JSP is handeled by making the content parsed by Jasper

But what about tagdependent?  In Jasper it appears to me that it is synonymous with JSP, with
taglib tags being processed and JSP elements being parsed and executed as well.  The spec
is less than clear as to how tagdependent could be handled but a strong arguement can be made
for the literal copying of the content to the close tag.  Am I mis-reading the spec?

thanks,
--Danno