tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject RE: I feel sideswiped here.
Date Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:34:45 GMT
There is one Windows machine available for us to do builds. This is
outside the Sun firewall. Help with how to setup automated builds would be
much appreciated. Essentially what this boils down to is to have a script
checkout (or use one of the 6-hr snapshots) the sources and do a build,
run tests and ftp the build over to jakarta.apache.org.

A lot of this process is in a bit of flux and is mostly there in main.xml
(jakarta-tools/buildscripts). If any of you can actually try to use this
main.xml to do builds via "at"-based scripts on Windows NT, that'd be
awesome.

In general, help with nightly builds for any platforms (other than
Solaris, Linux) would be great.

Thanks.

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Preston L. Bannister wrote:

> From: rubys@us.ibm.com [mailto:rubys@us.ibm.com]
> > I'm not sure what you are asking.  I can, have been, and plan to continue
> > to get Windows and JDK 1.1.8 tests to run on par with JDK 1.2 tests on Unix
> > platforms.  If it is monitoring, consulting, and fixing, then I'm pretty
> > much already there.
> >
> > I'm not sure what triggers the automated tests, or how the results are
> > published.  Pretty much all of my work to date on Jakarta has been done at
> > home across a modem, so this is not suitable configuration for me to host
> > the windows build.
> >
> > I do have access to machines at work, so if you don't have access to the
> > necessary Intel hardware and would prefer to have me actually run the
> > tests, I can look into this.  I will have a corporate firewall to contend
> > with, and again will need to discuss triggering and ftp passwords and the
> > like, but these are not likely to pose insurmountable problems.
>
> BTW, I've a couple machines with NT and direct Internet connections, if you need some
help.  Somehow I don't think that's what he's
> asking, as one of the Sun people claimed they had lots of Intel/Windows hardware :).
>
> Likely this should be pretty easy, as NT has an "at" command, and could extract from
CVS just before the build, assuming the builds