tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: I feel sideswiped here.
Date Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:34:22 GMT
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Jason Hunter wrote:

> (Also let me say that I'm not taking any of this personally, and hope
> Anil and company don't either.  I'm just trying to be the voice for QA
> here in a room full of developers.  Yikes!)

I like this codebase and this project but to reassure you I'm not taking
this personally; hope no one else does.

BTW, I'm REALLY GLAD you want to be the voice of QA.

> Sure was.  But there was no time schedule.  There was no post to the
> general mailing list asking for showstoppers.  In other words, next
> time I hope we can do better.

There was a mail to tomcat-dev requesting that people download the release
bundles and report any problems. I don't know how to simultaneously reply
and attach another mail in the mailer I'm using right now but if you can't
find it I'd be glad to send it. (Its the same mail I forwarded to
jakarta-tech :-)

My only gripe was you didn't see it or reply to it. Or even ask how long
the "staging process" is.

> > It was important we have
> > a release build now because several things were waiting on this.
>
> Agreed.  But even though it may have been the right decision, it's
> something that should have been decided by the committer community
> with help from the user community.
>
> > In general, I have no problems with this [my proposal].
>
> Good, then let's do it.

I am working on a "process+release" document that I'll check in. Again,
just 'cos I checked it in does not mean things have been carved in stone
:-)

When that happens, please read it and tell us all what you think.