tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.0
Date Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:31:58 GMT
Hi All,

The Tomcat 3.0 release bundles are out there on jakarta.apache.org. I have
tagged the jakarta-tomcat and jakarta-tools modules with a branch point
tag of TOMCAT_30 and a branch tag of latest_TOMCAT_30.

"TOMCAT_30" represents the source code snapshot of the 3.0 release.
"latest_TOMCAT_30" represents the branch which we can use for making bug
fixes to the 3.0 release (example: 3.0.1, 3.0.2 etc....)

The good news is the main branch is open. The main branch should really be
moving towards a 3.1 release which some of us would like to get done by
ApacheCon (early March 2000). When I get a chance, I will send out a list
of features and milestones some of us are looking at for 3.1 and of course
we can add more.

If you want to checkout the 3.0 branch use the following command:

cvs checkout -r latest_TOMCAT_30 jakarta-tomcat jakarta-tools

If you want to find out how the 3.0 branch has changed use the following
command:

cvs diff -r TOMCAT_30 -r latest_TOMCAT_30

Thanks to all those eyes, quite a few bug fixes and patches have gone into
this release. Keep the patches coming until the committers get tired and
propose you as a committer :-)

In the next few days, many of us from Sun will be on vacation (from 12/17
till the new year) and you might see traffic on general@jakarta and
tomcat-dev@jakarta a bit light atleast from the Sun side.

This has been a great first time open source experience for many of us.
Thanks much.

Happy holidays.

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)