tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Calow" <jeff.ca...@younology.com>
Subject UPDATE: Exception using tag library example, version 3.0 and JDK 1.2.2
Date Thu, 30 Dec 1999 21:45:08 GMT
An update on this.  After getting rid of the JIT, I get the following stack:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode from class
org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java
:155)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java:648)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:110)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:203)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1056)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1031)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1027)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:141)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
        ... removed stuff ...

In the source for 3.0, line 155 has the following call:
                XmlDocument webtld = JspUtil.parseXMLDoc(is, dtdURL,

Constants.WEBAPP_DTD_PUBLIC_ID);

parseXMLDoc is a static function (but why it is not showing up on the stack
trace?  Maybe it was inlined by the compiler?)

TagLibraryInfoImpl is the only place that calls JspUtil.parseXMLDoc() (which
uses the com.sun.xml parser).  Other places in the code use
org.apache.tomcat.util.XMLParser.  Why are two different XML parsers being
used?

My immediate need is to get up and running with tag libraries.  Are the
binaries for the sun XML parser available somewhere so I can keep going?

Thanks,

Jeff

I am running version 3.0 of tomcat on top of JDK 1.2.2.  When I try to run
the supplied tag library example, I get the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode from class
org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:110)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:959)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:955)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
	  .... cut tomcat stuff ....

The weird part is that I can't find a reference to ParentNode in the
TagLibraryInfoImpl source.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Jeff