tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Cruikshank <a...@epitonic.com>
Subject Re: Bugs in JspReader.java
Date Thu, 02 Dec 1999 22:10:20 GMT

>Alex, Why do you suggest a new internal class instead of fixing mark?

Currently, Mark only holds the state for a single stream, and the rest of
the reader's state (stream, master, and includeStack) is stored as class
variables, so it didn't occur to me to move all these into Mark.  But I
think it's ultimately a better solution.  IncludeState would need to be
moved into Mark.  The includeStack would have to be cloned everytime a new
mark was created, and every method in JspReader that accesses stream would
have to access current.stream.  The only problem is that, somehow, Mark
will have to make it's includeStack accesible to JspReader.  Maybe the
solution would be to give Mark a pushStream(char[] stream, int fileId,
String baseDir ), and a popStream() that are called by pushFile() and
popFile() in JspReader respectively.  These are a lot of changes, but
ultimately would allow JspReader to work as advertised while maintaining
the same interface.  I'll work on a version and see if it works.

Any word on if the other changes could be made?

Alex Cruikshank
Software Engineer
Epitonic.com
alex@epitonic.com