tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Ant and dependencies
Date Fri, 31 Dec 1999 15:38:49 GMT
(or, indeed, any other build tool).

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but so far every method I've
attempted to handle dependencies between Java files has failed
miserably. The _only_ reliable way I know of is to do a make clean and a
make. Often. With Ant, this doesn't even work nicely because you can't
set the -depend flag (but in my experience that only half works anyway).

Surely there's an answer to this? Arg!

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html