tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Homrich" <bhomr...@21stcentury.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat & Apache together
Date Mon, 27 Dec 1999 05:50:59 GMT
GW,

I'm not an Apache guru, but I've done some mucking about in httpd.conf

There seems to be some leeway where Apache finds the module, so you have
some options here (as I said, I'm not a guru;  I just know what works in my
current server.)

1-- When you give the LoadModule  directive to Apache in httpd.conf, you can

specify a fully qualified path to the mod_jserv.so.  I have this

LoadModule mod_servletexec.so /usr/lib/apache/mod_servletexec.so
(I'm playing with a couple servlet environments...)

2-- If  you don't use an absolute path, Apache uses the directory you
installed to as the base. (for me, it's /usr/local/apache for 1.3.9
install.)  I just put mod_jserv.so in /usr/local/apache/libexec/, and my
httpd.conf says:

LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so

Now all I need to do is get Tomcat to stay running (Something in my
configuration isn't right...)

Hope that helps,

Brian Homrich