tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: resource-ref in web.xml
Date Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:58:50 GMT
I've set up the tomcat-txm package and it's available for download from:

  ftp://ftp.exolab.org/pub/jars/tomcat-txm.tar.gz

The package includes a slightly modified version of Tomcat that
integrates with TXM. TXM is the transaction processing monitor that
provides support for resource factories, JDBC connection pooling, and
JNDI environment naming context. The next version will also add support
for JMS.

You should open up this package in a separate directory, then copy it's
contents to an existing Tomcat directory. This will replace
webserver.jar and tomcat.sh. You should include the Interceptor element
in your server.xml as it appears in this distribution. The other JARs
and configuration files should be installed in the tomcat directory.

Basically you have to define the resources you plan to use in both the
Servlet's web.xml file (as references) and resources.xml (the actual
resource specification, pool, visibility, etc).

There is a README file that explains all the steps in detail, as well as
sample web.xml and Test.java.

Let me know how well it goes :-)

arkin