tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant
Date Sat, 11 Dec 1999 23:59:44 GMT
costin@eng.sun.com wrote:

> >  - <target name="" depends="" condition=""/>
>
> Great idea!
> +1
>
> I still have problems with adding a new interface ( generator),
> but I'm ok if you feel it's easier.

I would like to hear comments from others, but I think a
PropertyGenerator is different enough for a task, like good old Pascal's
functions and procedures. the first returning, the second executing.

> For <apache-home> I still think of it as a task, that execute
> some actions - find where apache is installed and set a project
> property.

It's not a task, it's a task that returns sets a string. See the above
distinction.

> I will implement all tomcat-specific tasks in tomcat namespace,
> and use <taskdef> to declare them to ant - the taskdef package
> should be clean of project-dependent stuff.

Great, no project-dependent stuff should go there.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.