tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Release Date?
Date Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:01:34 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

Tomcat as a standalone servlet engine is quite stable and usable as it is now.
However we are aiming for much more than that - for example a good deployment story
when integrated with Apache. There is quite a bit of work that needs to be done
before we can call a Tomcat+Apache release as final.

Watch for a release plan on this list. Essentially what we're trying to do is
"freeze" Tomcat standalone into a usable release build as it is and then move on to
making the Tomcat+Apache integration more and more stable so we can have a good
Tomcat+Apache release by ApacheCon.

So, yes there will be a stable release of Tomcat with instructions on how to run it
with Apache before the end of the year.

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)