tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Boisson <s.bois...@insyscom.fr>
Subject Error 500 during JSP compilation
Date Wed, 08 Dec 1999 11:24:59 GMT
Hi all,

Here is the description of a strange problem occuring during the
compilation of JSP to servlets:

We have a html file containing a frameset which reference 2 differents
JSP.

1 - With a freshly started tomcat, the JSP are not yet compiled, I
request the frameset from browser so the 2 'child' requests will trigger
JSP compilation
    - On a singleprocessor machine running WinNT 4, JDK 1.2.2 the two
JSP are compiled without troubles
    - On a singleprocessor machine running Linux, JDK 1.2-pre2 the two
JSP are compiled without troubles
    - On a multiprocessor machine running WinNT 4, JDK 1.2.2 the two JSP
don't compile and we have a frameset with error 500 in each frame (it
says cannot it cannot compile <generated-source>.java because of an
error in it)

2 - From the frameset displaying 2 error pages, I perform reload on one
of the 2 frame (using browser contextual menu)
  => the JSP in the frame compile and works as expected

3 - I re-request the frameset on the browser
  => the framset display correctly the 2 JSP on all machines

So I guess this looks a lot like a bug from either NT or JDK, but I
wanted be sure and ask if someone else checked this kind of JSP on a
multiprocessor machine..

St├ęphane

PS: BTW does some knows how to keep JDK/WinNT to use native threads like
'-green' on linux JDK
?