tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Philion <phil...@acmerocket.com>
Subject Snapshot and build problems
Date Tue, 07 Dec 1999 14:17:12 GMT
Greetings all...

First, there seems to be some problems with the snapshot system.
Specifically, when I download the tomcat snapshot I get a directory
structure like:

    jakarta-tomcat/
        build/
        CVS/
        jakarta-tomcat/
        jakarta-tools/
        jakarta-watchdog/

So it looks like the jakarta-tomcat snapshot contains everything,
including the build directory (which takes up over 3 meg uncompressed).
I don't mind downloading the entire package at once, but I would prefer
not to have the build directory part of that download.

Second, I'm still seeing a lot of build errors in the downloads (I pull
down snapshots about once a week, just to keep up). Here's a list I get
out of the latest snapshot (jakarta-tomcat_19991207053123_tar.gz):

Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.2
Project base dir set to: D:\projects\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: main
Compiling 2 source files to D:\projects\jakarta\build\tomcat\classes
D:\projects\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\server\HttpResponseAdapter.java:105:
The method void setStatus(int, java.lang.String) declared in class
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpResponseAdapter cannot override the method
of the same signature declared in interface
org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseAdapter.  Their throws clauses are
incompatible.
    public void setStatus( int status, String message ) throws
IOException {
                ^
D:\projects\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\server\HttpResponseAdapter.java:118:
The method void addHeader(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) declared
in class org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpResponseAdapter cannot override
the method of the same signature declared in interface
org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseAdapter.  Their throws clauses are
incompatible.
    public void addHeader(String name, String value) throws IOException{
                ^
D:\projects\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\server\HttpResponseAdapter.java:124:
The method void addMimeHeaders(org.apache.tomcat.util.MimeHeaders)
declared in class org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpResponseAdapter cannot
override the method of the same signature declared in interface
org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseAdapter.  Their throws clauses are
incompatible.
    public void addMimeHeaders(MimeHeaders headers) throws IOException {
                ^
D:\projects\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\server\HttpResponseAdapter.java:140:
The method void endResponse() declared in class
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpResponseAdapter cannot override the method
of the same signature declared in interface
org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseAdapter.  Their throws clauses are
incompatible.
    public void endResponse() throws IOException {
                ^
D:\projects\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\security\SecurityInterceptor.java:494:
No variable INTEGRAL_TRANSPORT defined in interface
org.apache.tomcat.deployment.UserDataConstraint.
        if (guarantee.equals(UserDataConstraint.INTEGRAL_TRANSPORT) ||
                                               ^
5 errors
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.