tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bradley Schatz <bradley.sch...@netali.com>
Subject Re: Server path issues
Date Fri, 03 Dec 1999 05:44:22 GMT
Thanks Costin,

I stilll am running into problems, would you mind a further question.

I start the nightly binary build on linux and get:

Tomcat Web Server Version 2.2
Loaded configuration from: file:/Projects/tomcat/server.xml
Configuring web service using "default"
Configuring web service using
"file:/Projects/tomcat/webpages/WEB-INF/web.xml"
default: init
jsp: init
Configuring web service using "default"
Configuring web service using
"file:/Projects/tomcat/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml"
default: init
jsp: init
Starting tcp endpoint on 8080 with
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler
Starting tcp endpoint on 8007 with
org.apache.tomcat.service.Ajp11ConnectionHandler
Starting tcp endpoint on 8009 with
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler
Starting tcp endpoint on 8008 with
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp23ConnectionHandler

But if I run the src built on win32 under visualage, using -config to
specify the path to server.xml, with correctly scoped directories, the
sercives dont start upo in the same way. Ie

Tomcat Web Server Version 2.2
Loaded configuration from: file:/p:\tomcat\server.xml
Configuring web service using "default"
Configuring web service using "file:/p:\tomcat\webpages/WEB-INF/web.xml"
default: init
jsp: init
Configuring web service using "default"
Configuring web service using "file:/p:\tomcat\examples/WEB-INF/web.xml"
default: init
jsp: init
Setting up HttpServer for localhost:8080
Web service started: localhost/127.0.0.1:8080

Why is it using the HttpServer instead of the endpoints?

Thanks,

Bradley