tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan_Pie...@seagram.com (Jonathan Pierce)
Subject Re:Problems with WAR files
Date Wed, 08 Dec 1999 17:15:44 GMT
Sorry,

I meant to say that I was not able to get the HelloWorldExample to run from the
war file using the URL:

http://localhost:8080/examples2/servlet/HelloWorldExample

Should this work yet?

-Jonathan

Subject:    Problems with WAR files
Author: general@jakarta.apache.org
Date:       12/8/99 11:23 AM

All,

Is the war file support complete yet in the current build?

I just tried to jar up the examples folder into a war file called examples2.war
and added an entry to my server.xml file as shown below:

 <Context path="/examples2" docBase="examples2.war"
            defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="false"
            isWARValidated="true" isInvokerEnabled="true"
            isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

I was able to access the HelloWorld Example source with:
http://localhost:8080/examples2/servlets/helloworld.html

I was not able to run the example though as I received an HTML 404 page not
found error when I tried the URL:
http://localhost:8080/examples2/servlets/helloworld.html

Questions that I have are:

1. Is loading servlets from class files in war achives supported yet?
2. Is loading servlets from jar files in the lib directory in war achives
supported yet?
3. Can you explain the meaning of the isWARValidated and isWARExpanded tags?

Thanks,

Jonathan