tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Ant build broken + Shell issues
Date Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:19:30 GMT
> I can give a few more for trying to bootstrap ant on NT. (I wonder why
there
> is no bootstrap.sh file for Unix?)

Because when I wrote the original version, I authored it on my windoze
laptop.. I haven't had to bootstrap it since...

A nice trick that I use: Instead of using the ant.jar out of jakarta-tools,
I've got a version that sits in my ~/jars dir and a ~/bin/ant shell script
file that basically fires up ant. Therefore, instead of executing `% build`
I execute `% ant`. Ever since I did that, I haven't had to do a full
bootstrap from nada.