tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Danno Ferrin" <DFER...@novell.com>
Subject Re:PATCH:jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl.java
Date Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:49:02 GMT
Yes, putting in that address for the doctype fixes that problem (I still get the verifier excpetion
table range error problem, but that's another thread).

But that brings up a perifery exception.  Is it ther intent of the implementation to demand
a tld has a dtd refrence to guarantee validity?

What about XML that is well formed but not valid according to the dtd.  Because of the possiblity
of future additions by the standard to the dtd I would think it would be good to accept well
formed XML, parsing only the fields in the current taglib spec, and perhaps loudly ignoring
extraneous tags.  but what really threw me is that the tld example from the sun spec page
freaks out because it only gives the file not the fully-qualified url for the dtd.  And what
if the implementation is on a network separate from the internet, should the page author store
the DTD locally and change all of the tlds in all of the vendor supplied taglib jars?  What
if the network is flapping and sun's site is temorarily un-routed?

>>> anilv@pacbell.net 11/15/99 05:31PM >>>
Danno,

I understand that textnodes are being returned where elements are expected and there is a
class cast exception. But I still can't see where I could add space in the TLD to reproduce
this. (You didn't attach a
TLD in your mail.) Maybe be I'm being dense here but please send me a TLD or modify the TLD
in
examples/WEB-INF/jsp/example-taglib.tld.

Also are you still seeing verifier error?