tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: cvs commit:jakarta-tools/ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Javadoc2.javadefaults.properties
Date Fri, 26 Nov 1999 05:27:49 GMT
Why not just install a security manager before calling Javadoc....

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

----- Forwarded by dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU on 26/11/99 16:27
-----
jon * wrote:

> on 11/23/99 5:38 PM, jons@hyperreal.org <jons@hyperreal.org> wrote:
>
> > // Assumes that this is in your classpath. Rightnow, it is
> > // in the javac.jar file that comes with Ant, but James says that
> > // this probably won't be the case in the future. In that case, then
> > // we will need to have tools.jar in our classpath in order to find
> > // this utility. We could also try executing it via the command line
> > // javadoc utility, but that would suck because that would mean that
> > // we would have two JVM's running just to generate this stuff. We
would
> > // also have to pass in a classpath specific for the project. Arg.
> > // Why can't Sun make our life easy and allow us to distribute
> > // javac.jar with javadoc utility in it?
>
> Here is something even more screwed up...the javadoc.Main() class calls
> System.exit() at the end of execution!!! So, you can't have a <target
> name="createdistribution" depends="core,javadoc">
>
> Because the stuff in createdistribution won't get executed! How annoying!

How about having some Sun folk (which has access to that source code...
well, we do too if we decompile, but it's illegal to do :) do another
version of Javadoc.Main() and include it into Ant to prevent this to
happen?

Or give us the hooks we have to call.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.