tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Brush John <John.Br...@swisslife.ch>
Subject AW: error parsing custom tags without body
Date Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:31:30 GMT
Well, according to the specification (V1.1PR2), section 5.1.2. under "Simple
Actions" it is legitimate to have "no text between the start and end tag",
and there is no context in which this is not true. It is possible, however,
to specify in the tag library descriptor one of three values for
"bodycontent", namely "tagdependent", "JSP" or "empty", but in every case an
empty body is always legal.

Since an empty body is always in accordance with the standard, there are
really only two possibilities:

1. the tomcat project is using a different version of the standard than I
am, or
2. it's a bug

John