tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tools/ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Javac.java
Date Thu, 25 Nov 1999 19:28:48 GMT
jon * wrote:

> on 11/25/99 10:10 AM, Twiggs, Glenn <Glenn_Twiggs@bmc.com> wrote:
>
> > The compileClasspath variable has already been "localized" before reaching
> > this point. That is, on WIN32 systems, all the ":" are ";" and the "/" are
> > "\".  This is why the error occurrs. The fix works if your XML is coded as
> > classpath="dirA:dirB" and you run on WIN32 systems. See the
> > Javac.setClasspath() method for confirmation.
> >
> > Glenn.
>
> Ok. I'm confused. Also note that Project.translatePath() is something that I
> wrote, so I'm not sure if it does the right thing as well.

So am I. Glenn, what error are you talking about? I had a small problem
with my mail (actually one of my home systems has gone totally nuts and
is sending out email dated from 1969-2099 and wrote garbage into my imap
server..) and some of it vanished from the face of the earth so I might
have missed the original problem here.

As far as I can tell from Windows and Solaris, everything is working as
expected... Now, it might be interesting to increase the parse tokens to
include ':' and ';' and '/' and '\' so that no matter how the build.xml
file was written, it'll work. But at first glance I'm opposed to that.

.duncan
--
James Davidson                                     duncan@eng.sun.com
Java + XML / Portable Code + Portable Data                 !try; do()