tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Brownell <davi...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: xml.jar
Date Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:10:48 GMT
Erik Bruchez wrote:

> > Will be available soon. In the meantime if there is some issues with it you
> > could send them to me.
>
> I'm trying to compile Tomcat and a servlet with TowerJ. It seems to
> compile fine, but this is what I get at startup:
>
> Tomcat Web Server Version 2.2
> Loaded configuration from: file:/home/myproject/unstable/jakarta/build/tomcat/server.xml
> java.lang.InternalError: NMTOKEN
> Exception: java/lang/InternalError: NMTOKEN
>         at Parser.java:460

Try using some other JVM than TowerJ and report what happens.

You may notice that the line number in question doesn't actually
throw such an exception.  Given that much of the diagnostic is
wrong, I'd hesitate to rely on the rest of it ... though if I
were to guess, I'd speculate this is a TowerJ bug that breaks
the attribute validation code in the validating parser code.

- Dave