tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <>
Subject classpath problem in built.bat files
Date Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:14:41 GMT

I am just trying to build some of the code on NT (JDK 1.1.8) and most of
the build.bat scripts fail due to a space in my classpath. Thats not
unusual on NT due to the use of the "Program Files" directory (a Sybase
JDBC driver in my case).

It can be fixed by quoting the whole classpath in the build script. For
example, for the ant build.bat I made the following change and it now

diff -r1.1.1.1 build.bat
< java -classpath ..\ant.jar;..\projectx-tr2.jar;%CLASSPATH% %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
\ No newline at end of file
> java -classpath "..\ant.jar;..\projectx-tr2.jar;%CLASSPATH%" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
\ No newline at end of file

I guess all the other build.bat files would be similarly affected.

I'm new to this sort of distributed development. Is this the best way to
report problems, etc?

Conor MacNéill
M64 Pty Limited

View raw message