tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Taglib URI
Date Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:57:13 GMT
Joerg Brunsmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was playing with
>
>   examples/jsp/simpletag/foo.jsp
>
> and discovered that the uri of the taglib
> directive is:
>
>  uri="http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib"
>
> Is the assumption correct that this uri is a hard
> wired map to the file
>
> ./examples/WEB-INF/jsp/example-taglib.tld
>
> If not, how do I specify another taglib?
>
> Any comment, suggestion or hint is welcome.

It's described in the JSP 1.1 spec, http://java.sun.com/products/jsp

The "uri" attribute is either a URI relative to the application's URI root
pointing directly to the TLD, or as in this case, a "symbolic" URI that is
further defined in the web.xml file. In the web.xml file the symbolic URI is
mapped to the real location. Look at the examples/WEB-INF/web.xml file in the
Tomcat build directory to see how it works.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com