tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <cmcclana...@mytownnet.com>
Subject Re: source download
Date Mon, 08 Nov 1999 22:30:15 GMT
Edwin Goei wrote:

> I've tried to find the right place to download sources.  It looks like
> the only available place is from the Automated Snapshots.  It looks like
> the tarball snapshots are updated every 6 hours as advertised, but the
> contents are not.  For example, from the CVS notices
> /jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core/Container.java should
> be at -r1.5, but the Nov 8 snapshot I have is only at -r1.1.

In the jakarta-tomcat tarball, nearly all the source code files are dated
November 1.  It also appears that this tarball contains nested
jakarta-tomcat, jakarta-tools, and jakarta-watchdog trees.

James?

> Where are you all getting the latest sources from?

Those of us allowed to commit are using CVS with read/write access.  If you
want to be able to check out up-to-the-second source code at any time, the
best thing to do is use the "anonymous CVS" access method, as described on
the site (http://jakarta.apache.org/getinvolved/cvsindex.html).  You will
need a CVS client, of which there are several available.

> -Ed

Craig McClanahan