tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Cris Perdue <>
Subject Re: Debugging........
Date Mon, 08 Nov 1999 21:57:12 GMT
> i am sorry if this has been discussed before.
> has there been any decision/discussion to add servlet debugging facility.
Don't know about discussion here, but I've found it quite helpful to
have various flags, for example per-class, in a Servlet engine, that
turn on logging of various routine information by the engine itself.  I
have a farily general-purpose servlet control panel to turn these on and

I've found logging of request, headers, response headers, and
specifically cookie information particularly helpful.

I would be happy to contribute code that uses reflection to turn flags
on and off.  If Jakarta configuration is very dynamic, that could be
another way to go.
Cris Perdue
Impact Online, Inc.

View raw message