tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Cris Perdue <c...@perdues.com>
Subject Re: Debugging........
Date Mon, 08 Nov 1999 21:57:12 GMT
> i am sorry if this has been discussed before.
> has there been any decision/discussion to add servlet debugging facility.

Don't know about discussion here, but I've found it quite helpful to
have various flags, for example per-class, in a Servlet engine, that
turn on logging of various routine information by the engine itself.  I
have a farily general-purpose servlet control panel to turn these on and
off.

I've found logging of request, headers, response headers, and
specifically cookie information particularly helpful.

I would be happy to contribute code that uses reflection to turn flags
on and off.  If Jakarta configuration is very dynamic, that could be
another way to go.
--
Cris Perdue
Impact Online, Inc.