tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: DefaultServlet path checks
Date Sun, 07 Nov 1999 20:24:48 GMT
Harish Prabandham wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> A fix similar to this exists on the J2EE branch. Please do not commit
> any changes to the branch.
>
> Costin has merged the J2EE branch with the trunk, so this change
> should be available there.... Could you check this out before you
> commit your changes.

The fix I proposed is not on the J2EE branch. I actually used the J2EE
branch version as the source for the fix. The current fix tries to
figure out if we're on a Windows or Unix platform using the file path
separator character, and then checks the path according to different
rules depending on platform. Since it uses the canPath != absPath check
it has problems with non-8.3 paths on a Windows platform.

My proposal is a check that works the same on all platform by only
checking the critical piece of the path with "abs != can"; the file
extension part.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com