tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Patch for Jasper for current JServ
Date Wed, 03 Nov 1999 02:53:17 GMT
Tom Seago wrote:

> "Anil K. Vijendran" wrote:
> >
> > [...] Also Servlet 2.0 is ways back and catching things like NoSuchMethodError only
makes
> > the code cluttered and quite unmaintainable.
> >
> > There's also some JSP standard actions that won't work without RequestDispatcher.
Need some
> > fancy workarounds for those.

I agree. If it's just a matter of a month or so before everythings ready, it's
not worth it to add these try/catch blocks IMHO.

> [...] Without doing things
> this way, people building websites based on open source solutions at the
> moment either are forced to use the tomcat webserver for their dynamic
> pages (thus losing all the features of Apache) or forced to use a 0.92
> implementation of JSP's (a not good thing) or forced to wait a month (=
> forever in internet time :). [...]

With the risk of being flamed, I just have to say that there *are* other
Open Source projects for JSP that works with Apache, see http://www.klomp.org/gnujsp/

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com