tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: JASPER: page charset handling broken
Date Tue, 02 Nov 1999 14:53:50 GMT
[Moving the discussion to tomcat-dev]

I recently heard about this, myself from one of the users of this JSP
engine. I believe the way it is supposed to work is that you read until you
encounter contentType and then re-read the file using the encoding you saw
in contentType. Right now, the JSP engine always uses the encoding obtained
using System.getProperty("file.encoding", "8859_1").

I admint my understanding of this is limited. Would appreciate any input or
tested patches in this area.

Thanks.