tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pilho Kim <ph...@math.soongsil.ac.kr>
Subject about files under the build directory
Date Sat, 06 Nov 1999 15:31:52 GMT
Hi

I want to mention about the build directory.
I have tested "Running the Build" of
jakarta-tools_19991106112026.tar.gz.

(1) I couldn't find the file startup.bat under
    the directory build/tomcat/.   So I copied
    src/shell/startup.bat into build/tomcat/
    and executed it.

(2) JSP examples did not work, because the class file
        build/tomcat/classes/org/apache/jasper/compiler/SunJavaCompiler.class
    missed.

    So I copied
        jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/SunJavaCompiler.java
    into the directory
        build/tomcat/classes/org/apache/jasper/
    and tried to compile it.   But failed to compile again
    because the class file
        build/tomcat/classes/org/apache/jasper/compiler/JavaCompiler.class
    did not match.

    So I copied also
        jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/JavaCompiler.java
    into the directory
        build/tomcat/classes/org/apache/jasper/
    and tried to compile them again.  Succeed to compile.
    Every JSP examples did work good.

(3) But in the examples zone, the hyperlinks for JSP sources
    have problems.  Hyperlinks for some JSP sources are good,
    but hyperlinks for almost JSP sources are wrong.  Why?

Thanks