tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Talin <Ta...@brodia.com>
Subject RE: some cool hacking projects...
Date Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:29:29 GMT
One thing we've added to the JSP code which was a major win for us was a
component-based system, that allows JSP pages to call other JSP pages as
subroutines. The syntax is similar to Mason (see http://www.masonhq.com
for a very nice Perl-based component system). The components have their
own componentRoot property (for security reasons, we don't want
components to be within the document root), and can take arbitrary
parameters, like this:

	<& "Head.cm" "first-argument", "second-argument" &>

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil K. Vijendran [mailto:akv@eng.sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 1999 2:34 AM
To: general@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: some cool hacking projects...

While we're all waiting for the code to go public etc, here's something
that you could take on and do if you have time and are interested. It
would be awesome to:

  1. Have a pretty printer for JSP files. Something that takes JSPs and
     generates legal html would be perfect. You can actually use the
     code for the JSP engine in tomcat for this too.
  2. Emacs mode for JSP. (Beer's on me, if you're interested!)
  3. If you have any interesting JSP or Servlet examples and don't mind
     sharing it (it would be part of the tomcat and Apache releases
     eventually), please send them over.
--
Peace, Anil +<:-)