tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: vote please
Date Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:48:34 GMT
James Todd wrote:

> assuming the purpose of watchdog is to catch product
> (not spec) changes as it has done in this case shouldn't
> we consider finding out what changed in the code vs
> dumbing down the tests? to me it is kind of like hiding
> stuff under the rug.

Even for product testing - "tomcat" is more than "standalone
tomcat'.

If you use Tomcat+Apache - this particular error might come from
Apache. Or if you use it with another server - that server's
interpretation
might be different. Even if it is wrong - we are testing tomcat, not
the web server.

Regarding what changed in the code - I have no ideea, but since it's not
a bug it probably doesn't matter.

Costin