tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <james.t...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: vote please + thoughts about Welcome and Error
Date Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:31:12 GMT

good points.

for this time i think we should go with 404 for test
purposes and see what changed to start emitting 403.

i believe the capability to specify error pages (eg
404.html) is available at some level in the web.xml
but i'm not sure it will completely address your goals.
this is based on some cursory thoughts while reading
servlet 2.2 without excercising this specific goal at
any level. it would be nice to get the html code out
of tomcat.

the default welcome files are specified in:

	org.apache.tomcat.deployment.web.xml

and will be obviated (vs aggregated) by any context
specified (ie WEB-INF/web.xml) welcome files. this
later logic occurs in:

	org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.init()

which i've considered factoring out as a utility
class to keep Context (the keeper of lots of info)
lean'n mean.

hope this helps,

- james