tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <...@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject Re: source code standards!!!!!
Date Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:28:01 GMT
Craig McClanahan wrote:

> <flameproof underwear>
> Emacs, in conjunction with a nice Java editing mode, makes the tab key smart -- it
> follows the indentation rule described above automatically by pressing it once,
> because it always knows the current indentation level.  It also is quite smart
> about aligning the parts of multiline statements sanely.
> </flameproof underwear>

To make things standard across the board for atleast Emacs users, some relevant .el
parts would help. I have something of relevance here:

(add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook '(lambda ()
     (setq indent-tabs-mode nil)
     (....)))

The (setq indent-tabs-mode nil) part should probably be used. Anything else?

Sometimes its just hard to come up with schemes to keep things under 80 columns. I try
to, personally but sometimes I just don't have ideas.

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)