tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: reloading a jsp bean
Date Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:35:49 GMT
This is a tricky problem that I haven't investigated well enough.

The problem is if the bean class is newer, then the only way you can reload
it is by creating a new class loader. The whole code out there should
probably rely on a pluggable class loader factory that gives you a new class
loader when you want to reload something. It doesn't.

Another alternative is to drop the context and create a new one...

I'd love to hear if you have any ideas...