tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sankar Kondur <sha...@home.com>
Subject reloading a jsp bean
Date Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:24:09 GMT
Hi,

i am facing a problem. this is the situation.

i have a jsp file MyJSPFile.jsp in which i am using a bean
MyJSPBean.java. if i make changes in MyJSPBean.java and recompile it and
then run MyJSPFile.jsp, the changes i made in the bean don't take
effect. i have to restart tomcat.
this(making changes to the bean) happens quite frequently in our team.

i went thru the source code but could not come up with a sensible/simple
way of getting it done.
i want to know
if anybody has faced this problem/requirement?
does anybody know of a simple way of getting this done?

also can somebody tell me if this would work - currently the
JspLoader.java uses the parent class loader to do some of the class
JspLoader.java, check if the class in the classpath is more recent then
the class in the hashtable(class-store) and then realod it, will this
work.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Shankar.